Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 16 - Plyometrics

Honestly - who has it better than me? Had off of work because we didn't use all our snow days. Played 18 holes this morning. Washed my golf round down with an egg white sandwich on whole wheat. Mixed in 1 hour of plyos, then a shower (which is always better after a plyo workout). I dropped 100 bucks on jeans, shorts, socks, and underwear. Then watched my alma mater stave off a furious comeback with 2 outs in the 7th to earn their first trip to Toms River to play for the Group II title (and probably the Star Ledger #1 ranking).

Being in week 3 of the workout, I'm really starting to get in great shape. I usually get tired during the lunge and prayer squat warm ups, NOT TODAY. I usually have to cut all the exercises short by a few seconds - today there were only 1 or 2 that I need to get short. My "hot foot" drill is better, I dominated Mary Catherines, and squats jacks got shown who is boss. I used to hate plyos, but I honestly must say that this is rapidly becoming one of my favorite workouts. It's fast paced, high impact, and I love being drenched in sweat when I am done, no homo.

In terms of my diet - I was up at 545am for golf, so I had a corn muffin then, an egg white on whole wheat around 10am, a peanut butter sandwich on some sort of whole grain bread, and a stuffed pepper for dinner. I also mixed in a recovery drink during my workout and a protein shake after. I'll mix in a coffee tonight 1 time for the kids and call it a day. Back to work tomorrow, and arms/shoulder/abs. Go get 'em.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment