Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Day 8 - Chest/Back/Ab Ripper X

I've got to be honest - I'm in a GREAT state right now. If I said that the first week of P90X was easy, I'd be lying, because it was hard, P90Xtremely hard. (OK that was a little queer). But you get the point. Today starts week 2 after a rest day yesterday. My legs are finally back to normal, as they were tight and sore ever since Day 2's plyos, which is good because I'm back to Plyos tomorrow.

Today's diet was pretty solid. Egg whites, turkey bacon, and cheese on whole wheat. Lunch was ham and cheese on whole wheat, dinner was mixed veggies, AWESOME London Broil, and salad.

In terms of my work out, I've been using a stool for spotting on my pull ups. I'm a big dude, over 200lbs, so pull ups don't come so easy for me. However, what I do is make sure that I only spot myself enough where I'm still struggling to pull myself up. You have to find that balance that works for you. I really went to town on the push up reps, almost maxing out every time. My weakest reps came on the decline push up (my shoulders kinda give out) as well as the last set up dive bomber push ups - I can get under the fence ok, getting back is tough on that last set.
Ab Ripper X is always a phenomenal time. Since I can't do 25 reps on each exercise, I started with 15 reps week 1, and this week I'll do 16. I did it this way to build my strength, so that by my last week, I'll be up to 25 reps of each and looking like a freak.

Anxious to see how plyometrics go tomorrow for me, but I'm in a great state of mind and I'm ready to BRING IT every single fucking day.

By the way - 10 Day picture coming soon!

Theme of the Day - Write down your reps so that when you go through the exercises a 2nd time through, you can base the number of reps you do off your first set. And do the same thing thing as the weeks go on, base of your last weeks reps.

Until Tomorrow -

Joe

1 comment:

  1. It's 5:15a here. No day 9 plyo update? You slackin' over there?!

    ReplyDelete