Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day 4 - Yoga X

Miserable day today. Had a late night last night, and up again early for class from 8am - 3pm. Just miserable. Not to mention my legs are feeling that burn you get 2 days later from that plyos workout. So needless to say, today was the roughest day yet.

However, I needed a day like today. They say all the time on the DVDs that you need to "Bring It". It all starts with your mental approach. You have to have it in your mind that you're going to Bring It that day, no matter what, and chances are you probably will. After a late night, an early morning, class all day, my body hurting - these are the day that people "take off". They're not taking off because of their body, they're taking off because they're not mentally tough enough to BRING IT and get it done for the entirety of the workout. Today I brough it and really will look back on today whenever I'm having a rough day motivating myself to work out.

My diet was solid again today - Protein Shake for breakfast, almonds for a snack, sandwich on whole wheat with low fat jello and fat free cool whip. Just finished up with a sushi dinner, no Tempura obviously.

Anyway - I'm a yoga virgin. I'm not flexible in any sense of the word, and I've never done yoga. I've heard from people who do it, but never personally experienced it myself. It's a LONG workout, lasting about 90 minutes, with the first 45 minutes being BRUTAL. The poses and shift and positions that are done really stretch and strike a cord in literally every single muscle in your body. Although I'm like mush now, I'm confident tomorrow my body will feel great after having a phenomenal stretch and core workout like this one. Again - another phenomenal workout from P90X.

Theme of the day - when doing yoga, there are modifications for every stretch. Don't feel intimidated by the ridiculously flexible sculptures on the TV screen. Do things at your pace and really try to stay relaxed and BREATHE.

Until tomorrow --

Joe

4 comments:

  1. Yoga X was difficult and totally relaxing. Looking forward to a more flexible me next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree - very difficult, and very relaxing.

    It was a little long for my liking, but I think we both can use the increased flexibility.

    BTW - where did you get your recovery drink Tom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently using a combination of these ingredients for the time being.

    1 scoop IsoPure chocolate protein isolate
    1 cup lowfat milk
    1 heaping teaspoon of l-glutamine
    1 Sambazon Acai Puree packet or a splash of MonaVie.

    Tastes awesome - think chocolate berries.

    I think I'm going to spring for the P90X recovery drink soon. Tons of websites have it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats' pretty solid - you definitely need a recovery drink to put in your water during the workouts.

    I actually just bought a recovery drink from GNC today - you should get the gold card from there - 20% off everything in the store the 1st week of every month. It's basically Gatorade with the electrolites minus the sugar (0g of sugar) plus creatine and glycogen. Probably similar to the P90X recovery drink.

    My shakes are similar to yours - I do more protein and fruit...

    1.5 Scoops Whey Protein
    1 heaping tsp L-Glutamine
    1 cup fat free skim milk
    1 cup ice
    1 banana
    3 strawberries

    ReplyDelete