Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day 2 - Plyometrics

Right from the get go, Billy Horton tells you that the Ploymetrics workout is the toughest and most intense of the set. HE WASN'T ****ING KIDDING.

The workout consists 24 different variations of squats, mixing in turning movements for your core - all performed twice. The workout is approximately an hour. I was able to do all the exercises, but instead of going the entire 30 seconds or 60 seconds that they do, I shortened up at points, allowing myself to complete the workout. You may want to keep 2 bottles of water with you, because my 1 bottle was done halfway through. This was the type of workout that when you finish, it's hard to take off your shirt to shower because you're sweating so much. As someone who played ball for Drew and did Chris Ryan's plyo workouts - Sorry Chris - But these plyos are Michael Phelps to your Ian Crocker.

In terms of my diet today - started off with egg whites, 3 slices of turkey bacon, 1 piece of low fat cheese, and a protein shake. Threw in a salad, apple, and water for lunch. 30 Pistacchios after school for a snack. Then dinner was sauteed chicken with vegetables and another protein shake.

Until tomorrow when my legs are officially Jello status.

Joe

1 comment:

  1. Not looking forward to this one later after reading the blog, rolling slowly into my diet, being unemployed i kind of save my money and eat whatever mom makes for dinner

    ReplyDelete